It’s Recipe Wednesday and I’m excited to send this your way! This week’s meal is the Italian Veggie! Italian Veggies are simple, filling and packed with flavor!
- 10-12 ounces of Baby Portobello or Portobello Mushrooms
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 3/4 cup of yellow or white onions
- 1 pack of McCormick Au Jus sauce
- 3/4 cup of giardeneira pepper juice (oil free is preferred/add jarred peppers if you like)
- Submarine rolls (preferably fresh baked)
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- Shredded mozarella cheese (optional)
Chop all vegetables. Prepare Au Jus sauce according to instructions. Once Au Jus is boiling and ready to be served, add all vegetables in the same pot. Add giardeneira peppers and juice. Add Italian seasoning. Stir all ingredients together and occasionally. Allow vegetables to cook in Au Jus for 8 minutes or to your desired texture. Add Au Jus sauce to your sandwich or on the side for dipping. Add shredded mozzarella cheese.
I love this recipe! It’s not too heavy on the stomach, extremely tasty and is an easy family meal. Hope you enjoy! If you try this, let me know how it turned out for you! Until next time!